Varier Furniture offers an extended warranty to customers who register their products in our product database.
The warranty is limited and covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover misuse, normal wear and tear and defects caused by exposure to sunlight. Registration gives the right to the following guarantee:
- 7 years guarantee against fabrication faults on wooden parts
- 5 years guarantee against fabrication faults on the mechanism
This requires a successfully completed registration of the product in our Extended Warranty database, and that the warranty certificate is submitted together with the original receipt (proof of purchase). Once registration is completed, proof of guarantee will be sent to you via email.
Varier Furniture Claims and Extended Guarantee – Terms and Conditions
Varier Furniture will handle all claims to its products according to current consumer laws, which can vary from country to country. Basically, Varier Furniture does not offer additional rights over and above the current customer laws.
Varier Furniture AS, Håhjem, N-6260 Skodje, Norway offers an extended guarantee to customers who register their products in our Guarantee Database. This can be done by accessing our web site www.varierfurniture.com/guarantee . Once registration is completed, proof of guarantee will be sent to you via email. Alternatively, you can complete and post the guarantee card located in the maintenance folder accompanying the chair. Once registered, a proof of guarantee will be issued and sent by mail. Registration gives the right to the following guarantee:
- 7 year guarantee against fabrication faults on the wooden parts
- 5 year guarantee against fabrication faults on the mechanism
Consumer rights, according to the current consumer law, are in addition to the guarantee and are not affected by the guarantee.
Varier Furniture Extended Guarantee is based on the following conditions:
- The product being used for the purpose it is designed for
- The product only being used indoors
- The product being properly maintained as described in the maintenance/user guide
- Production of the original purchase receipt
- To utilise the extended guarantee, proof of guarantee shall be submitted together with the original purchase receipt
Varier Furniture Extended Guarantee does not cover:
- Any condition due to normal wear of the material (for example, colour fading and wear and tear)
- Any condition due to the natural character of the materials (for example, colour differences in wood, leather or fabric)
- Any condition due to influences from external factors such as sun or light, temperature, dampness or pollution
- Other damages (for example, damage made during fitting, damage to the floor, other furniture, etc.)
Under the Extended Guarantee Varier Furniture will:
- Replace or repair the defective part or product
- Cover normal transportation costs for the replacement part or product from Variér to the retailer where the product was purchased. The purchaser is responsible for covering the return costs to the retailer
- Reserve the right to replace defective parts in colours that are available at the time of the claim.
- Reserve the right to deliver a replacement product in instances where the product in question is no longer in production at the time of the claim. This product shall be of the same quality and value
Process for making a claim under the Extended Guarantee:
Any queries relating to the extended guarantee shall normally be directed to the retailer from whom the product was purchased. Queries should be raised as soon as possible after detection of the defect. A proof of purchase must always be submitted.
If a claim is made under the Extended Guarantee, the registration receipt (proof of guarantee) must be produced together with the proof of purchase. The product shall normally be transported to the retailer or be available for inspection by the retailer or Variér’s sales representative. Photographs and other documentation that document the defect or damage shall be provided.
If the retailer is certain that the damage is due to a fabrication fault he shall send the claim to Variér Furniture, together with documentation and necessary photographs. Variér Furniture shall evaluate repair or replacement of the product or replacement of any part due to fabrication error.
Other conditions that could affect the Extended Guarantee
The cushions will change form following normal use and age. This must not be confused with loss of elasticity which can be attributed to a fabrication fault. The cover (both material and leather) will stretch as a result of normal use. This must not be confused with loss of elasticity which can be attributed to a fabrication fault. Folds and wrinkles may occur and are not grounds for a claim. Lack of cleaning could seriously impact the lifetime of the furniture. Any cover that is a synthetic material (for example, micro fibres) will on movement against the surface of the cushion, generate static electricity. This may prevent the cover reverting back to its original form after rising from the chair. The purchaser may perceive these as wrinkles or folds. However, these are temporary and can be removed by a single stroke of the hand. This must not be confused with loss of elasticity or problems with the shape which can be attributed to a fabrication error.